Sunday, January 13, 2013

Fairy Dust

Hi lovelies!

As some of you might know, I recently fell and sprained my ankle pretty badly, so I haven't been able to post any outfits since each of them have an ugly ankle brace as an accessory. However, a week later and two three hour physical therapy sessions each day, I finally got the okay to take it off! Coincidentally, my roommates from freshman year were having a birthday party so I decided to dress up for it!


Here I am with the birthday girl Kelli (on left) and my old roommate Kerry!





~Outfit Rundown~ 
Top: Forever 21 Crop Top - $22.90
Skirt: Forever 21 Peplum in Mint - $9.80
Shoes: Miu Miu Cork Wedges - $695
Bangles: Kate Spade - $65
Cuff: Rachel Zoe Rosetone Snake - $45
Clutch: Coach  - $65
Bandeau Bow: Coach - $35

For this outfit, I was super inspired by the current trend in Japanese fashion, fairy-kei. Girls of all ages wear tutus and leggings in pastel rainbow colors and go overboard on hair accessories and jewelry. For me, I mixed a pale peach top with a bright mint peplum skirt to create the sugary fairy effect. Girls if you don't have a peplum skirt yet, please do invest in one! The idea that big girls can't wear peplum is such a lie! Our tummies help poof the peplum out, and the peplum in turn hides any love handles we might have. It's such a win-win!

xoxo - Cathy

0 comments:

Post a Comment