Thursday, December 27, 2012

Introductory Post

Hey lovelies,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Cathy from California and I'm currently 20 years old! Since college, I've gained about 60 pounds (ouch!) but for the first time in my life, I'm embracing my size.

I grew up with an mother who would constantly berate me for being fat. Since the third grade, I've had terrible issues with my size and a severe hatred for my body. I didn't realize that wearing a size M in juniors sizing wasn't terrible, it was actually perfectly healthy and average. Due to my skewed self-image, I hated it and always felt like the "fattest" one in the room. However, upon entering college I met an amazing man who never judged me once, made friends who weren't judgmental, and finally accepted myself for who I am. Yes, I'm always going to feel like I should lose the tummy or the back rolls, but as long as I'm eating healthy, my weight is only a number and I'm not going to let that define me. No more crying in the dark while pinching fat, no more hating myself.

That being said, I absolutely love fashion so this little space will be the corner for my outfits, makeup, and even product reviews! I'll share fashion finds, tips on accessorizing, and how to dress best for any size. I'll also share my weight loss journey through hard exercise + a proper diet (no pills this time around).

xoxo - Cathy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment